“By the Kids” Rectangle Slate Placemat
The square placemats are approx. 30cm x 20cm and 5mm thick with soft rubber feet to prevent scratches. The perfect, natural, personalised showcase for cheese, as a cutting board or as a placemat.
Your personalised design is engraved into the surface giving a stunningly detailed grey/white effect on the black slate.
Show your special someone how much you love them with a personalised slate placemat.
Please see the Description tab below for details on how it works, and tips on best results from your drawings.
Access our easy-to-use online editor below to create your own design (or designs!)
- Step 1: Prepare the artwork. When we engrave your design it needs to be all in black, so that's the principle to be thinking about with your artwork. If you have something already drawn, then its best to scan it (preferably in black and white but it can be in colour and we will convert it) ready to upload in our visual editor. If you are going to have the kids draw something for the occasion, then it's best to get them to use a black pen on a white piece of paper and then scan it in. When you scan, save as a jpg file.
- Step 2: Choose your product. Click on the "personalise now button" and our visual editor will load up. On the left hand side in the grey sidebar you will have an option to "upload". Click on this and upload your picture(s).
- Step 3: Once uploaded, add the picture to the item by clicking on it. Don't worry if it has a background (white for example) - we will remove this. Size the picture how you would like it, and add any other elements you would also like - text, graphics etc using the editor.
- Step 4: Preview the result by clicking on the pink "preview and save" button in the top right. If you are happy with the result now click on the pink submit button, or if you want to make further changes click on cancel to go back and make more edits. Repeat this step until you are happy. Again, don't worry about any background behind your picture - we will remove this before production.
- Step 5: Complete the purchase on the website, and the artwork will be sent to our design team automatically.
- Step 6: Our designers will tidy up and remove any background colour. If we have any questions or concerns about your artwork we will contact you prior to production. If everything is good, we will proof the finished artwork back to you and go into production.
- Step 7: We produce your item and deliver it.
|Key Features||Square Placemat||Round Placemat||Heart Placemat||Coasters|
|Dimensions (approx)||32.5cm square||30cm diameter||25cm square||10cm square|
|Weight (approx)||1.5kg||1kg||650g||80g each|
|Additional info||Padded Feet||Padded Feet||Padded Feet||Padded Feet|
|Standard Delivery (Royal Mail, 2nd class signed for)||3-5 working days, M-F only||£2.95 (free for orders over £50)|
|Next Day Courier (DPD or similar)||Next working day for orders placed before midday M-F only.||£6.95 (free for orders over £75)|
|Saturday Courier (DPD or similar)||Saturday only on orders placed before Friday midday||£15.00|
|Delivery to Europe Zone 1||Time variable based on location – please ask us for details||£25.00|
|Delivery outside Europe Zone 1||International Delivery Terms for overseas shipping.||£35.00|
* Pricing displayed is for a single product order – multiple product orders may move into a higher weight category and incur an additional charge. Any additional charges will be shown at checkout stage, prior to payment.
** Same day delivery to some London postcodes is possible – please ask us if delivery to your postcode is possible.
Products that have been personalised cannot be returned or exchanged unless they are faulty. Please check your personalisation in the editor very carefully particularly for typos. If you receive a faulty item you have 14 days from date of receipt to notify us. On receipt of the returned item your refund will be credited to the payment method used to make the original purchase. Delivery costs will not be refunded. For full return information please click here.
All personalisation is completed here in our London studio, so as long as your item is in stock it can be completed within a few hours depending on volume of orders. At busier times of the year it may take a day or two.
Yes of course. At the checkout you will find the option to add gift messages – you can even add different gift messages for multiple addresses so you can send gifts to several places in one order if you wish. Please type out your message(s) and we will write it out and include it with your order for you.
Absolutely – you can send items to multiple addresses and include different gift messages to each location if you wish to. We will need to charge for each delivery (unless your order is over the minimum for free delivery to each place) though. When you get to the checkout you can add multiple shipping addresses and assign products to each address. You can then write gift notes for each place at the checkout.
Personalisation of our products means you’ll probably be better using the online editor yourself, but if you are struggling to use the editor and would like help then please do call us on 020 8944 3048 and we will help you.
Personalised items are non-refundable, unless they are faulty or not as ordered. If so, please accept our apologies and send an email using the form here including photo(s) of the received product showing the problem with it.
Non-personalised products are refundable if they are returned to us in re-saleable condition. Please notify us within 14 days of receipt and your payment method will be refunded once the item is returned.